Saturday, March 2, 2013

Foodie fun.

Something that you probably wouldn't get from reading this blog, is that I'm a major foodie. Not in the trendy new use of the term where everyone who watches Top Chef and knows what foie gras is can now call themselves a foodie. In the real sense of the term. As in, I love to cook and eat and learn about food. I'll eat pretty much anything. I've had blood sausage (tasty, but the texture was unpleasant), frog legs, snail, beef heart, foie gras, and sweetbreads (calf thymus).

My biggest dream on a personal hobby level is to attend a Food and Wine Festival someday.

But apart from tasting yummy and interesting new foods, I love, love, LOVE to cook. And take photos of the things that I cook. If vet school hadn't of worked out, I was considering culinary school. Anyway, have some photos.

Want chocolate-dipped strawberries without the annoyance of the chocolate always breaking off? Solution = chocolate-FILLED strawberries!

Bread pudding with raisins and dried cranberries.

This is my favorite way to prepare brussels sprouts.

Homemade alfredo sauce is actually really easy and 1,000x more delicious than the crap from a jar.

If you're from the Midwest, you'll recognize this! Sugar cream pie.

Coffee cake I made for a morning study session.

Apple dumplings with vanilla bean ice cream.

Candied orange peel I made to garnish Earl Grey-scented chocolate mousse.

Snickerdoodles! Before and after. This was the very first thing I ever learned to bake standing on a chair in my grandma's kitchen so I could see over the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment