Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back at it, again.

Sorry for the long gap without an update. My mom was here visiting and I alternated between busy and doing absolutely nothing and enjoying my break. I gave my mom her first taste of Indian food, which she loved. We also went out to the French restaurant on the island, La Belle Vie, which is always amazing. She finally got to try Sweet Cane (my favorite restaurant) and Mama Moore's johnny cakes. We went on a catamaran tour and spent a day at the spa getting facials and massages. It was a good time.

Sixth semester starts tomorrow. Ugh. Not only do I have the Rossie to worry about, but also block exams. I don't know why they do this to us in sixth and no other semester. Block exams are where the midterms for all of our classes are combined into one hour and a half-long block exam. It's ridiculous, I don't know what the point is. And then there's the Rossie itself, which is terrifying. We have a model called a "Rossie" that resembles an abdomen with a "uterus" inside that looks like this:



The Rossie exam has you perform a spay on the model from start to finish with full sterile technique, gowning, gloving, ligating and cutting the uterus and associated blood vessels, and finally closing the abdomen. If you don't pass this exam, you repeat it. If you fail the repeated exam, you repeat sixth semester. It doesn't matter how well you're doing in your other classes, you repeat the whole semester.

So no pressure!

No comments:

Post a Comment