Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 14: Childhood memory.

Brown County State Park in Nashville, Indiana. I spent nearly every autumn here camping with my mom, brother and grandparents (and sometimes my Aunt, Uncle and cousins). My grandpa would let me sit on his lap and steer the car while we drove down these windy roads and pretended we were on a roller coaster. Every time I smell woodsmoke I'm instantly back in Brown County, racing with my brother to thrown more leaves on the fire.
In other news, midterms went very, very well. I scored a 96% on Toxicology and a 95% on Diagnostic Imaging. I'm completely burnt out and still in shock at the DI grade because I don't feel like I studied nearly hard enough to earn that high of a grade.

Tomorrow my flight leaves at 8:30 for three wonderful days in Puerto Rico!!! I'm so excited. I can't wait. This is going to be an absolute blast. I'm also excited to get to have Angie show us around, point out some of her childhood memories or favorite foods. I feel like I'll know my friend better after this in a way.

Tonight I am going to Lobsterfest with Angie and Sako. It's held every Friday night at Reggae Beach with a bonfire and you pay $75 EC for lobster, ribs, chicken and shrimp with all the local fixins - rice and beans, plantains, breadfruit, Johnnycakes, etc. After all that studying and stress, I plan on treating myself to three days of pure relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment