Saturday, June 9, 2012

Crazytown.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but things have been insane around here. Fifth semester is way more intense than any previous semester, and it only gets more nuts in 6th and 7th. I have heard that we will practically live on campus during 7th. Oh joy, I can't wait.

Just this week alone my schedule has looked like this. Keep in mind, this is on top of my usual schedule of lecture hours for 3-4 classes per day, and labs are generally anywhere from 1-3 hours long.

Monday - Continuous suture pattern lab + anesthesia monitoring equipment lab.
Tuesday - Ultrasound lab + anesthesiology exam.
Wednesday - Canine physical exam lab.
Thursday - Diagnostic Imaging lab.
Friday - Small Animal Medicine I exam + Diagnostic Imaging case study.

So... yeah.

In good news, I got an A on my Anesthesiology exam! I got a B on my SAM I exam, which I'm not thrilled about. I didn't study hard enough for an A, and I know it. I'm mostly mad at myself because I didn't study hard enough. I seem to have lost all that motivation that I went into 4th semester with in order to maintain straight As up until finals.

I have two more exams before midsemester break - DI and Toxicology. I have heard that DI is absolutely brutal. So far it's living up to its reputation. The professor moves through lecture at light speed, pointing out ambiguous structures on x-rays and telling you, "This is a beautiful example of this, it's very clearly visible here." And then you feel like a complete idiot and want to cry in frustration. I'll try my hardest, but I'm fairly certain that if I manage to pass that class, it's going to be with a C.

Two more weeks until Puerto Rico! I am still super pumped about it. So far we've decided on two activities. We are already booked for the dinner tour with Flavors of San Juan. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge foodie and get more excited about trying new foods than pretty much anything else, so I am REALLY looking forward to this. We're also doing a nighttime bioluminescent kayaking tour with BioBay. That should be really pretty and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment