Saturday, March 31, 2012

Taking stock.

I've got friends coming over today for a barbecue cookout/pool party. I''m puttering around, doing last minute cleaning, grill food prep, etc. and in a good mood overall. I love those quiet moments where you're absorbed in your own head, thinking about all that's good in your life and how much you appreciate it.

Eight years ago I was 20 and waiting tables at a Mexican food chain restaurant after failing out of college and secretly in love with my best friend. If you'd have told me then that in eight years I'd be married to that friend, living in a villa on an island in the Caribbean, and studying to be a doctor, I'd probably have rolled my eyes and said, "If only!"

All is good right now. Give me a week for stress over finals to kick in and I'll probably feel differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment