Saturday, October 1, 2011

Settling in.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but honestly vet school is kind of boring. You go to class, you come home, eat, study, sleep, repeat. My days aren't exactly thrilling. But I do have a few updates to share.

- The new apartment is great. My relationship with my landlord is fantastic, and in fact I'm going to her birthday party later this evening. My location is so amazingly quiet and serene. The other day the sun was setting and turned the ocean in front of my property bright pink. It was so incredibly beautiful and I had another of those moments where I just stop and wonder at how lucky I am to have this experience.


- I've mentioned before that my orientation group/roommate situation wasn't ideal. With the exception of one person, there was no real animosity or drama, we simply just didn't find much relatable in one another. Too different. It took me about 1 1/2 semesters before I found people that I really clicked with. At the end of semester 2 I had found my support group, my Ross family. It's helped tremendously dealing with the stress of third semester.

- I finished up my dive certification this semester! I am officially open water scuba certified!



- Cookie didn't get adopted during the first adoption event, so I am still fostering her. Come on! Who wouldn't want this in their life?


- School is going okay. This semester is another tough one, largely because we've only got the two exams in each class. Midterms are two weeks away and my crack down intense study time began Thursday with a tutor session for Pharmacology. Today I had two TA sessions, one for Bacteriology and one for Virology. My other class is Pathology, which doesn't have a TA or a tutor because it doesn't really need one. Pharmacology is the only class that is scaring me right now because the professor is kind of terrible. His powerpoints are all just bullet points with no exposition but his lectures don't really expand on them very much, but he will expect you to know details that he doesn't provide you. Luckily the details he wants are provided in another class he teaches in Vet Prep, so as long as you can get ahold of those notes you should be okay. My advice for any future Rossies reading this is to get yourself a tutor for Pharm and find the Vet Prep notes.

- My husband, Don, is arriving on Oct. 17th! He'll be here for a week and a half and I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment