Thursday, November 29, 2012

Asking for help.

Hey, I realize that I have very few readers, but I thought I'd give this a try...

A classmate of mine, Jonathan, is a Canadian student. Canadian students don't qualify for the student loans that American students do, so they must cover the cost of tuition at Ross solely through private loans. They must provide written documentation that they have sufficient funds guaranteed to cover their entire cost of education at Ross before they can be accepted.

I don't know what happened in Jonathan's case, why his funding got pulled or what the circumstances were, but I do know that the loans he thought he had secured are now no longer available to him. He's flat broke and no one will lend him any more money. Without funding, he'll have to drop out. We're in 6th semester, so close to the finish line, so I'm sure you can understand how gut-wrenchingly awful that feels.

Jonathan is a fantastic student. He studies hard, he makes good grades, he even puts together study guides for his classmates. He doesn't deserve this. He has tried many fundraising attempts - parties, a blog, etc. Nothing has managed to raise the funds that he requires. Please donate what you can, even if it's a few dollars. If nothing else it will help to cover his plane ticket to get him home.

http://stayinvetschool.chipin.com/help-pay-the-rest-of-vet-school

4 comments:

  1. What about personal loans from a bank??? That's how the other Canadians do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be curious to know how much he needs and when he needs it by.

    Also, I know these aren't the best but - credit cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a link to his blog on the link I provided, I'm sure you could ask him.

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your friend. Wish I could help, but I am unemployed and flat broke. It's a shame when people are trying to advance their lives with education, and the only thing holding them back is money. Very lame. Best of luck to Jonathan

    ReplyDelete