Tuesday, April 10, 2012

HOORAY!

My husband is graduating in a few weeks with a Master's in museum science. We knew that his chances of getting a good job that he really wanted right out of school would be low, that he would probably have to work a couple of part-time jobs at art museums and such before he got to where he wanted to be - in a science museum, preferably working with kids.

Imagine our joy when today he was hired on at the Mobius Science Center in Spokane, Washington as an educational program developer. He's thrilled to pieces to have landed his dream job so soon. I'm bursting with pride and happiness for him.

This means, though, when I go home over break it's going to be a crazy whirlwind of packing and then making the two day drive from Indiana to Washington. It also means I'll barely have time to see my family before we leave. I feel terrible, because my mom requested time off to see me. Unfortunately I couldn't have predicted this.

I am, however, really excited for the trip! Don and I always enjoy road trips together, and starting over in a brand new city is exciting for both of us. We're both really looking forward to exploring a new place and finding new favorite restaurants, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment