Monday, February 27, 2012

Pharm test tomorrow.

I feel like I'm gonna throw up. I've studied so hard for this class all semester with weekly tutor sessions and meeting with two of my friends to review the material on Sundays every week. Some of the material - local anesthetics, drugs acting on the blood (hemostatics, thrombolytics, etc.), diuretics and treatment of diabetes insipidus - I feel great about. It's the chemotherapy (antibiotics, anticancer, antiparasitic and antifungal) drugs that I can't seem to keep straight. Antibiotics in particular is just a tangled web of information in my brain.

I don't think I'm going to fail tomorrow's exam but I really don't think I'm going to get an A, either. And so will end my straight A streak. Ah, well.

It's funny, even though it's months away, but I want to pass and do well so that my mommy can come visit me in August over semester break. Last August my whole family came out and that was fun and I enjoyed having them here. But there's something special about mother-daughter time. And when the setting is a beach on a Caribbean island with a cooler full of mango rum, it's that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment